The My Profit Land Website and the My Profit Land Game allows people to register as "Players" in order to engage and participate in a variety of activities through the medium of an mass multiplayer online social strategy and war simulator game, a mixture between social platform and a text- based game with social, economical, political, military and media modules. My Profit Land users, referred to as "Players", live in virtual replicas of their "real life" countries, with the possibility to become employees, soldiers, assistants, business members, congress members or even country presidents, and use other functionality made available on My Profit Land from time to time.
This policy and any other documents referred to it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
How we collect information on My Profit Land
When registering as a user of My Profit Land or during your time as a user of My Profit Land you will be asked to provide information to us. We will inform you at the time of collecting other information from you whether you must provide the information to use My Profit Land or whether the provision of information requested by us is optional. We will inform you at the time of collecting information from you whether the information that you provide to us will be accessible to other users of My Profit Land or by third parties so that you can decide whether to provide the information to us.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- if you contact us (including by email or post) we may keep a record of that correspondence and of the information contained in it
- information that you submit when you register for the Website including your name, date of birth and e-mail address
- information that you submit in response to a news post or discussion thread, shouts, private messages or through any other in- game communication channels
- the functionality that you use through the My Profit Land Game, including your gameplay choices
- details of transactions you carry out through the My Profit Land Game
- details of your visits to My Profit Land including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Persons under 18 years of age are not entitled to register as a player on My Profit Land. By using the Website and/or the My Profit Land Game, you declare that you are over 18.
Uses made of the information
My Profit Land users partake in the virtual My Profit Land community by writing shouts about topics of interest, private messages, articles, article comments and blog comments, interacting with other users in the My Profit Land discussion forum, using Player ads aimed at a particular target audience, creating articles to communicate to other users and creating virtual companies, and so on. These shouts, forum topics, Player ads and articles can be accessed and read by other users of My Profit Land. You can search for other registered users of My Profit Land. If you choose to be a registered user of My Profit Land, we will not display your personal information. Only in- game information will be available to other users, which is information that will allow users to evaluate your views and your My Profit Land communications.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from My Profit Land is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we believe may interest you (including products or services of any of our Partners), where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes including by interacting with advertising functionality in My Profit Land
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- to deliver and maintain a high quality service
- to allow you to access My Profit Land and to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- to notify you about changes to our service, new features or new versions of the My Profit Land Game, about new games or applications developed by our company or by our Partners
- for the purposes of compiling statistics
- to determine whether you are in compliance with the My Profit Land rules and to impose sanctions where necessary
- to process payments.
Information such as your username, photograph (avatar), geographic location within My Profit Land, personal profile, Website history profile, and any personally identifiable information you have included in the shouts, Player ads, articles you publish, or other details you post in any of the areas of My Profit Land, may be shown to other users of My Profit Land. My Profit Land history profile consists of, for example, your date of joining, your rating information, information about the amount of money available in your account, information about your economic, political or military activity in My Profit Land and other material which you have contributed. Your personal profile would consist of, for example, your My Profit Land birthday and ranks.
Information such as shouts (which may contain personally identifiable information) and details of latest news, alliances, wars and military events may be exported to third party websites which you have chosen to use in My Profit Land. No personally identifiable information will be exported to third party websites, other than with your express authorization in response to a request from a third party user. Please note that any authorization that you give to a third party user to use your data is a matter for you and a third party user; we are not responsible for the manner in which you choose to allow them use your data.
We may also use your email address to send you updates or news regarding myprofitland.com or any other products or services developed by us or by our Partners that we believe may interest you, but you may choose not to receive emails of this type by unchecking the "Sign up for newsletter" box. Additionally, we may contact you using your email address to notify you that other users have sent you a personal message and to inform you that someone wants to add you as a friend, or that they simply want to contact you.
We may use your shouts, player ads, articles or other details you post in any area of My Profit Land to personalize My Profit Land and identify/feature popular members. For example, we may promote the most popular and latest shouts, groups, listings and members. We may also promote most active members. While we do not expect to transfer the complete member database to others, we use the database throughout our networks and to generate results for others, including, but not limited to, enabling users to contact each other and facilitating inter-user communications.
Disclosure of your information to other people
We do not disclose to any third party personal information that you provide to us unless we have your permission or we believe the law permits or requires it.
If you provide personal information to us you understand and agree that we may disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
- if you have indicated at registration, or at any time during your time as a user of My Profit Land, that you are happy to receive information or promotions from selected third parties about goods and services which may be of interest to you, you consent to us sending you such offers or information. You may opt out of receiving such offers or change your preferences at any time by emailing [email protected]
- any member of our group of companies, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries
- to companies that provide emailing services, with the sole purpose of sending you information about our services, including about any updates, new features or new versions of the My Profit Land Game. These companies are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose than as mentioned in this article. You may opt out of receiving such offers or change your preferences at any time by emailing [email protected]
- to a third party if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data with that third party in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our group of companies, My Profit Land, our customers, other registered users or others. This includes exchanging information with third parties for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will notify you when information about you may be provided to third parties in ways other than explained above, and you will have the option to prevent such information sharing at the time that we notify you.
We do not disclose personal information about you to other third parties (including advertisers or marketing companies) except those set out in this policy, but we may provide them with aggregate anonymized information about My Profit Land users. For example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement displayed on My Profit Land on any given day, or we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit My Profit Land, the demographic breakdown of our community users of My Profit Land or the activities that visitors to My Profit Land engage in while on My Profit Land. We may also use such aggregate anonymized information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in the southeast of Ireland) when displaying advertisements on our website. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers\’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience. You hereby agree to these practices.
Security and control of your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of My Profit Land, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. You are responsible for the security of your password and our Terms and Conditions of Use deal with this in more detail.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to My Profit Land; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
You acknowledge that we are not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the Internet, and you hereby release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
You should be aware that when you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information and agree to make that information public on My Profit Land (e.g., user name, e-mail address) via shouts, personal messages, forums, postings, articles or in other areas of My Profit Land, that information, along with any substantive information disclosed in your communication, can be collected, correlated and used by third parties. These third parties or other My Profit Land users may use your information to send you unsolicited messages. Such activities are beyond our control. Please do not post any personal information on My Profit Land or in other areas that you wish to keep private.
Links to third party websites
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, alphanumeric IDs, operating system and browser type, information regarding the volume and status of data transmission, click-through statistics, the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, the date and time you accesses portions of My Profit Land, for system administration and statistical purposes. This is statistical data about our users\’ browsing actions and patterns, and we do not use them to identify any individual, except if required by the law.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer\’s hard drive. On revisiting My Profit Land our computer server will recognize the cookie, giving us information about your last visit. They help us to improve My Profit Land and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize My Profit Land according to your individual interests
- to speed up your use of the My Profit Land and searches.
Access to information and updating, verifying and deleting personal data
At any time, you can make a written request to have access to all the personal information that we hold about you. We will provide this information to you and may request a small administrative charge.
As a registered user of My Profit Land, you can modify and update your personal information at any time by accessing your public profile on My Profit Land and choosing the option "Edit Profile" or by contacting us at [email protected] If your account is deleted, your username, avatar, gender, posts on My Profit Land, such as shouts, private messages, forum posts, and so on, will remain recorded in the My Profit Land History. The only information that will accompany such posts will be your Username, avatar and gender.
User feedback and complaints